1 / 5 Stars
3 3 5 1 5
Zacks Investment Research
Standard & Poor's
3 / 5 Stars
#185 in Intermediate-Term Bond
U.S. News evaluated 322 Intermediate-Term Bond Funds. Our list highlights the top-rated funds for long-term investors based on the ratings of leading fund industry researchers.
The fund has returned -0.50 percent over the past year, 3.38 percent over the past three years, 4.87 percent over the past five years, and 4.10 percent over the past decade.
|Trailing Returns||Updated 05.31.2013|
|Year to date||-1.5%|
|3 Years (Annualized)||3.4%|
|5 Years (Annualized)||4.9%|
|10 Years (Annualized)||4.1%|
The investment seeks to maximize total return, consisting of capital appreciation and current income. The fund normally invests at least 80% of its net assets, plus any borrowings for investment purposes, in certificates issued by the GNMA, which are debt securities guaranteed as to timely payment of principal and interest by the GNMA. It may invest the remaining 20% of its net assets in other mortgage-related securities issued by government-related organizations; residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities issued by governmental agencies or private entities, and CMOs.
Fees are High compared to funds in the same category.
Dreyfus GNMA Fund has an expense ratio of 1.04 percent.
Risk is Low compared to funds in the same category according to Morningstar.