How can anyone get any work done with all these incredible New Year's Eve sales? (Now you know why I'm posting so late today.)
As we've all heard, retailers are hurting, and that's leading them to offer some killer discounts. Here are a few of the best deals out there -- please feel free to contribute your own:
- Aldo Shoes: This trendy shoe store is offering up to 70 percent off select styles. You can get cute flats for under $50 and an extra $20 off already-reduced boots.
- The Gap: The extended holiday sale gives shoppers up to 50 percent off. While Gap sales can often feel picked-over, so much is discounted now that there's lots of variety to choose from. No word on exactly when the sale ends, but of course, the longer you wait, the more picked over those bargains will become.
- Macy's: You still have a few hours to take advantage of Macy's post-Christmas sale, which offers 20 to 65 percent off plus an extra 15 percent off when you enter the code "XMASGIFT" at checkout. (Another reason to always search for those codes before paying online.) When you add up all the coupons, you can get a $300 ring for $150.
- CVS: Don't forget the essentials -- they might not be flashy, but now's the time to stock up on household cleaners and beauty products. Specific sales may vary by location; my CVS was offering around $5 on many Oil of Olay products today.
- Target: If you have some storage space, consider stocking up on next year's Christmas decorations now. Target's offering trees and ornaments at clearance prices. It also has deals on some electronics and furniture.
- Crate and Barrel: From bedding to holiday decorations to pillows, Crate and Barrel is featuring all kinds of goodies in its winter clearance sale. If you're attending a winter wedding soon, you may even get lucky and find a registry item included.
Let me know what steals I'm missing -- I've still got a little shopping energy left.