Jimmy P. at the DNC—I chatted briefly yesterday with Obama economic adviser Austan Goolsbee while we were both roaming the halls at the Pepsi Center. I told him I would write a post about five good things in his boss's economic plan. (He didn't charm me. I was going to do it anyway. Really.) I already touched on this earlier today but I wanted to expand on it just a smidge. So here goes:
- Obama cuts taxes for the middle-class.
- Obama thinks growing the economy is an imperative.
- Obama thinks protectionism is bad.
- Obama hasn't bought into the theory that investment income should be taxed at the same high level as labor.
- Obama seems willing to consider a corporate tax reduction if subsidies and tax exemptions also were eliminated.
So there you go.