If you're like me, you avoided the out-of-control mob of feverish shoppers at retailers on Black Friday. You may have decided to wait for discounts today, otherwise known as Cyber-Monday, the unofficial kickoff to the online retail season. You may be shopping from the comfort of your own home or "taking a break" at work; either way, online retailers see today as yet another opportunity to attract consumers with more promotions.
When you think of great deals, retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy may come to mind. But deep discounts abound on luxury goods, and you can save as much as 40 to 70 percent on men's and women's designer apparel, shoes, and handbags from the likes of luxury retailers Barneys New York, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Here are more online sales to satiate your holiday shopping needs:
- The iconic British luxury house Burberry is offering up to 50 percent off on its classic looks, from women's wool coats and men's cashmere sweaters to belts and scarves.
- High-end carpet and rug emporium ABC Carpet is featuring up to 75 percent off its exclusive designer collections.
- Bergdorf Goodman, owned by Neiman Marcus, is offering up to 50 percent off on its designer collections, shoes, and handbags. You can also receive free shipping with any purchase.
- Spend $25 or more at beauty retailer Sephora, and you'll get free shipping.
- If your calendar is chock-full of holiday events, online retailer Bluefly is offering up to 40 percent off on party dresses, including the Nicole Miller, Vera Wang, and Laundry labels.
- At Barneys, Christian Louboutin's Sigourney ankle boots, originally priced at $1,030, now go for $615 at the Barneys website.
- Nordstrom delivers cashmere scarves, gloves, sweaters, and hats for under $100.
- Enjoy up to 50 percent off of Fendi, Marc Jacobs, and Jimmy Choo goods at online luxury fashion retailer Net-a-porter.com.