With the holidays right around the corner, easy ways to save money have never been more important. And one of the best ways to save money is with cash back deals. With a little creativity, you can get 15 percent or more in cash for many purchases you make every day. And you should be able to get some cash back on every purchase. With the help of the Internet, it doesn't take a lot of effort to find these deals.
So let's take a look at ways you can get cash rewards on your purchases. And keep in mind that in many instances, you'll be able to use several of these tips in combination on the same purchase.
1. Use a Cash Back Credit Card: The best cash back credit cards pay up to 5 percent cash back on select purchases. And for those purchases that don't qualify for a 5 percent rebate, these cards typically pay 1 percent or more. Most cash back cards do not come with an annual fee, either. So if you pay your balance in full each month to avoid interest charges, you'll pocket the cash back on just about every purchase. Used in combination with some of the tips below, the cash back card is the easiest way to put money in your pocket. Do keep in mind, however, that if you don't pay your credit card off in full each month, the interest payments will easily wipe out the benefits of the cash back rewards.
2. Sign up for Ebates: If you've never heard of Ebates, you'll want to visit this site. Ebates has worked out deals with thousands of retailers to pay consumers cash back on purchases. From Home Depot to The Gap, you get cash back on every purchase. Each day, Ebates offers a double cash back reward from one retailer. And Ebates is totally free. It will probably be the easiest way you've saved money all year.
[Visit the U.S. News Personal Finance site for more money management tips.]
3. Find Online Coupons: Many retailers promote online coupons, particularly during the holidays. And when you shop online, you'll often find even more savings than if you went in to the store. The easiest way to find these deals is to search Google for coupons from your favorite stores. There are also many coupon sites you can use, such as retailmenot.com. Unlike rebates, with coupons you get the savings immediately, which can be a big help as you try to stay on budget.
4. Buy Discounted Store Gift Cards: This is one of my favorite ways to save money. You can now buy discounted gift cards online from you favorite retailers. For example, you might get a $100 Best Buy or Home Depot gift card for $90 or even less. So how does it work? There are several websites that buy and sell gift cards. If you have a card and need the cash, you can sell the card to one of these sites. And if you are looking for a gift card, you can buy at a discount. The amount of the discount depends on the demand for the card. So whether you want to give the gift card as a gift, or use it to shop at the store, these sites can save you a bundle.
5. Sign up for Upromise: Our last tip is for those saving for a child's education. With Upromise, you can earn cash back towards your child's education with every eligible purchase you make. Upromise has partnered with Best Buy, the Gap, Target, and eBay to provide cash back for college when you shop online. And there is even a Upromise credit card that also pays cash back for college.