You no longer have to pound the pavement, search for parking, or hit the mall to find a better deal and save big on holiday shopping. Just launch your favorite web browser and check out these five websites to find the best deals across the internet.
You might also find some extra room for gifts in your holiday budget spreadsheet if you try these 8 Ways to Uncover Big Savings with Secret Online Coupons.
1. Groupon.com: If you're a deal-of-the-day shopper and don't mind joining the herd for a massive coupon, then check out Groupon.com. This site offers shoppers one big coupon each day for local restaurants, attractions, and retailers in many big cities across America. You can join in the group fun by signing up for email alerts, or liking them on Facebook.
2. Freeshipping.org: Hate paying big money to ship that new gadget or holiday gift across the country? A quick trip to Freeshipping.org may solve your shipping woes and save you money too. This site offers would-be shoppers special coupons and promotional codes at a variety of online stores across the internet. Find free shipping coupons at retailers like Macy's, Pottery Barn, Target, J.Crew, and even Victoria's Secret.
3. RetailMeNot.com: Find promotional codes, printable coupons, and grocery deals for over 65,000 stores at mega site RetailMeNot.com. This site offers members a forum, and gives coupon users the chance to vote on which deals worked best, so you will know which coupons offer a genuine deal. You can also download a browser extension to make finding coupon codes easier.
4. FatWallet.com: Join like-minded savvy savers by browsing the FatWallet.com forums to seek out the best deals online and in-store. There are thousands of bargain hunters ready to share their sales and money-saving tips with you—all you have to do is search and find the right conversation. This site also boasts many online coupons and helps you compare prices.
5. CouponMountain.com: You don't need to register to take advantage of the deals offered on CouponMountain.com. Launched in 2001, this site updates several times a day with new offerings, and aggregates deals in one location to save you time.
Your Thoughts: What is your favorite website for saving money?
Kerry K. Taylor writes at Squawkfox.com, a blog where personal finance and frugal living are sexy, delicious, and fun. Kerry is the author of 397 Ways To Save Money: Spend Smarter & Live Well on Less.