Many of us put off doing taxes--once upon a time, I used to file the eve of April 15 (no more.) TurboTax went so far as to compile data on the cities hold the most procrastinators, based on a tally of last-minute online tax filings.
The second number represents the city's ranking on last year's list:
1. San Francisco, Calif. – (#5) – The Golden Gate City takes the gold this year when it comes to tax procrastinators, moving up from number 5.
2. Houston, Texas – (#3) – After being booted from the number 1 spot last year, which they have claimed more than any other city (three times), Houston barely misses out this year coming in at number 2.
3. New York, N.Y. – (#2) – The "City that Never Sleeps" has made a habit of snoozing through tax season. Although it has dropped one spot to number 3, New York has made it onto the top 10 list the last eight years.
4. Chicago, Ill. – (#1) – After taking the crown last year, the "Windy City" drops to number 4 on the list.
5. San Diego, Calif. – (#6) – The sun and sand are good distractions for San Diegans. Despite being home to TurboTax, San Diego manages to move up to number 5 this year.