Technorati, the leading catalog and ranking site for blogs, has identified the 10 most authoritative blogs that include retirement as one of their key topics. Here's a highlight reel of what's on their minds.
First, a little geekspeak. Technorati's authority rankings measure how many times a blog is linked to from other Internet sites. This is how Google weights its searches as well, with the idea being that the most heavily linked sites represent a solid and relatively unbiased measure of popularity and value to users. The blogs have to be known to Technorati, so it is using the ranking system as some not-so-subtle pressure to get blogs to link to Technorati. And blogs work the system as well.
With that, here are the 10 and some of their current thoughts that deal with retirement directly or with topics of importance, such as finance and investments, spending, wellness, travel, and the like. The figure after each blog is its Technorati authority number. For some perspective, the most linked-to, or authoritative, blog is the Huffington Post, which recently had an authority number of 28,760.
Money Blue Book (1,049)
- How to Build a CD Ladder and Get the Highest Interest Rate
- The Top 5 Online Banks for High-Interest Savings and Checking
My Open Wallet (629)
Frugal Dad (494)
- How to Resolve Credit Bureau Reporting Errors
- What to Tell Our Children About the Economic Woes of Today
My Money Blog (464)
- P2P Lending Update: Prosper, Lending Club, Zopa, Loanio
- Updates: Top Savings Account and CD Interest Rates
Money Ning (447)
No Credit Needed (359)